Simple Ways to Apply Liquid Eyeliner
Liquid eyeliner provides your eyes with the most dramatic look. Whether creating retro cat eyes reminiscent of early screen sirens, or designing dramatic smokey eyes, liquid liner lets you shape a more defined look than you could achieve with an eyeliner pencil. Because of its liquid consistency and fine tip, liquid eyeliner is also more difficult to apply. However, the good news is that there are some easy ways to apply eyeliner for creating glamorous looks. And below are some simple instruction on how to apply liquid eyeliner to your eyes.
And some things you will need is Liquid eyeliner, Liquid eye makeup remover, Cotton swab, Eye pencil, Eyeliner brush and Dark eye shadow.
How to apply liquid eyeliner
- Choose the type of liquid eyeliner you want to use. You can use liquid eyeliner with a wand applicator or liquid eyeliner with a sponge tip, similar to a felt-tip pen. Practice using both and go with the eyeliner you feel most comfortable with.
- Select the color of your liquid eyeliner. Liquid eyeliner’s purpose is to create fullness and thickness in the eyelashes, so choose the same color as the mascara you plan to use for a more natural look.
- Rest one elbow on a flat surface, like your bathroom counter, to help steady your hand. Close one eye and lift that eyelid gently with your non-dominant hand.
- Apply the liquid eyeliner as close as possible to the lash line. Make a series of small marks, instead of one straight line across, to give you more control of the eyeliner. Connect the series of small marks as you move along the lash line.
- Repeat Step 4 on your other eye. Check both eyes carefully in a mirror. Small mistakes and smudges can be erased using a dab of liquid eye makeup remover on a cotton swab.
- Keep an eye makeup remover, and cotton pads handy, in case you make a mistake while applying the eyeliner.
- Check for any allergies to liquid eyeliner before you apply it.
- Replace your liquid eyeliner at least once every six months to avoid bacteria build-up.
- Make sure the eyeliner you choose dries quickly to help avoid smudging.
- Avoid using liquid eyeliner on your lower eyelid. If you want some definition beneath your eye, draw a thin line with an eye pencil or use an eyeliner brush dipped in dark eye shadow.
- After you have applied the liner, keep your eyes closed for at least 30 seconds to allow it to dry. Liquid eyeliner can otherwise smudge very easily.
- Use waterproof liquid eyeliner for best results.
These were some instructions about how to apply liquid eyeliner. Many people are intimidated by the thought of applying liquid eyeliner to their eyes. But when it is done in the right way, with a steady hand, it can look quite beautiful. So this time, give your eye pencils a miss and use liquid eyeliners for a dramatic effect.