Homemade Lip Balm
Lip balms can get your lips that perfect natural-looking shine while moisturizing your lips. Lip balms are used a lot during winter, by both men and women, for relief from chapped lips. Many women and some men, use lip balms everyday to keep their lips moisturized. With a few simple materials, you can make your own all natural homemade lip balms that you can customize for your individual needs. Homemade lip balm also makes a nice, inexpensive gift, and can be used as a party favor and stocking stuffer.
And here are some steps how to make homemade lip balm which you can make use of depending on your preferences, requirements, and also availability of the ingredients.
Jojoba Oil Lip Balm
- Jojoba Oil 2¼ teaspoons
- Beeswax 2 teaspoons
- Grapefruit Essential Oil 1 teaspoon
- Container (small) 1
- In a microwaveable bowl place the jojoba oil and beeswax together and let the ingredients microwave for about 3 to 4 minutes, till the ingredients are well blended.
- Remove the bowl from the microwave and add grapefruit essential oil to it and stir well.
- Then you can remove the mixture in the container and let it cool for about 20 to 30 minutes and your lip balm is ready to be used.
Aloe Vera Lip Balm
- Double boiler1/3 cup beeswax pellets
- 1/3 cup safflower oil
- 1 tbsp. sweet almond oil
- 1 tbsp. grape seed oil
- 2 tbsp. aloe vera concentrate
- Containers (recycled lip balm or lipstick tubes, balm tubs, small glass jars)
- Measure the beeswax pellets, safflower oil, sweet almond oil and grape seed oil into the top of a double boiler.
- Heat the double boiler slowly on low heat, stirring constantly until the wax melts completely. Never try to quickly melt beeswax, use a microwave or place the wax over direct heat as it may combust.
- Turn off the heat and remove the top pan of the double boiler. Stir the ingredients constantly and once your lip balm begins to thicken, add the aloe vera concentrate. Stir thoroughly and then transfer the balm into containers.
- Use recycled lip balm or lipstick tubes, small balm tubs available in most health food stores or even small baby jars. Allow the balm to cool and harden before capping your container. This recipe will make about 3/4 cup, but can be split into numerous container. Use your healing lip balm within about 1 year, using whenever you like.
Vanilla Honey Lip Balm
- Petroleum Jelly 2 tablespoons
- Vitamin E Oil ¼ teaspoon
- Beeswax 1 tablespoon
- Honey 1 teaspoon
- Vanilla Extract 1 teaspoon
- In a microwavable bowl heat petroleum jelly and beeswax together for about 5 minutes. After about 3 minutes, remove the bowl from the microwave and stir the ingredients well, so that the ingredients are equally heated. Place the bowl again in the microwave and let it heat for another 2 minutes.
- Once you see there is transparent liquid in the bowl, take the bowl out of the microwave.
- Let the bowl cool at room temperature for about 5 to 7 minutes and then add honey and vanilla extract to it and stir well.
- Once you stir well, you will notice that the texture of the lip balm is thickening.
- Then pour the lip balm in to the lip balm container and it is ready for use.
Use different flavors, colors and variations to create this homemade lip balm. Next time you have a get together at home, gift these to your friends and let them admire your handiwork. These balms also make perfect birthday return gifts for teenage girls.