DIY: Create Your Own Feather Earrings
Feather earrings are a great accessory because they are versatile. Depending on the outfit they’re paired with, they can be classy or funky. But peacock feather earrings can also be pricey. Luckily, they can be made easily and inexpensively. For the price of one pair of feather earrings in an accessory store, you can make a pair for you and each of your friends. Here’s some simple steps about how to make feather earrings that you can try at home.
Before you start to make your own feather earrings, there are some things you will need. Prepare some materials such as:
- Tube cord end with loop
- Chain-nose pliers
- Earring findings
- Jump rings
Then after you complete all materials above, let’s start reading a few steps below, how to make feather earrings :
- Use the scissors to cut the quill tip of the feather to approximately 1/4-inch or the length of the cord end tube that you are using.
- Apply a small amount of epoxy to the end and sides of the quill tip.
- Place the quill tip into one of the cord end tubes. Squeeze the tube against the quill with the chain-nose pliers.
- Set the feather aside and let it dry. Test the bond by pulling gently on the feather. If it separates from the cord end tube, reapply the epoxy and let dry.
- Repeat Steps 1 through 4 for each feather. Then attach Feathers to the Earring Finding
- Gather the earring finding, jump ring and feathers.
- Twist open the jump ring using the chain-nose pliers.
- Slide the jump ring onto the loop of the earring finding.
- Attach the cord end tube with the feather onto the same jump ring.
- Repeat Step 4 to attach each feather to the jump ring.
- Twist the jump ring closed so that both the earring finding and feathers are connected.
- Follow Steps 1 through 6 to create a second matching earring.
These above are some steps about how to make feather earrings. Hope these will help you much to make your own feather earrings.
Feather earrings have enjoyed a resurgence as boho-style has made its way onto the runways and into boutiques. You can make it by yourself without any fuss and make it unique according your personal taste. With just a few simple tools, you can customize these earrings and can quickly add flair to a plain outfit.